Monday, May 25, 2020

Sitting on the Sidelines

Every day is a journey.  Every day is one more day in a life that you have the honor to live and to be a part of.  You can choose to be a part of that life or you can choose to watch life go by.  One is preferred over the other but only you can choose which role you want to take.  And whichever role you take, only you can turn that into a success.  

We are told that we have to live a life.  We are told that we can't just sit there and watch as life goes by.  If we only do that than we are told that we are wasting life.  So let me make the case for taking a passive role in life.  Let me tell you why sitting on the sidelines can help you with your journey. 

I have been sitting on the sidelines for most of my life.  I have been conditioned to believe that this is wrong.  Many teachers, role models and mentors have told me that I need to get out there and experience life.  I need to be a part of it and if I were to do that that it would bring me happiness and joy.  And they were right.  When I chose to take an active role in my life I was happy.  But what I didn't accept was that watching life go by helped to strengthen me. 

As I sat there and watched life go by, I was doing more than just sitting there and watching.  I was looking at life.  I was observing it.  I was looking at all the possibilities that life had to offer me.  I was analyzing and discovering what was best for me.  I wasn't necessarily afraid of failure, but more that I was putting myself in a position that was never meant for me.  Just because I can do something doesn't mean I have to do it.  It's really all in your perception and how you want to experience and live.    

Observing life was my first step towards independence and my first step towards becoming the person I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment